CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To the Library we Go

Yesterday I had decided to take the kids to the library.  Usually this brings a lot of stress to me, because the kids are never really that good at the library.  They pull a bunch of books off the shelves and try to check out every movie they see.  I was prepared for the worst, and just told myself to relax.  After I finally did relax, I enjoyed reading a bunch of books to the kids and helping them pick out a few to read.  I was able to find some books on tape to put on my iPod so that I can listen to them while I’m cleaning.  They were able to use the stencils that they had and play with some other toys.  We spent over an hour at the library (our personal record) and came home feeling really good about getting out of the house and doing something together that we were all able to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. where did you get that cool font? do you use windows live writer, too? sometimes i feel like i'm gonna be a bad mom cause when connor wants me to read books to him i just ignore him and i hope i won't do that with my own kids! it's good that you take them to the library, i think books are a great thing to get them interested in early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use windows live writer and I've told them later a lot with the reading thing. I'm trying to slow down now and realize that they won't be little long and the things that I want to do can be put aside for a few minutes to read them a book. It'll be different with your own kids too. Tanner is starting to read now and pretty soon he won't want me to read to him.

    ReplyDelete